Convergence is a series of DVDs designed specifically for small groups looking for more than just Bible study. Convergence will examine the intersections between faith and real life with the goal of sparking deeper conversations and stronger community within small groups.
Each DVD features Donald Miller (Blue Like Jazz) facilitating a conversation with another well-known Christian author or speaker about the challenges that Christians face while trying to integrate faith with real life.
Join Donald Miller as he talks with Dr. Dan Allender and Dr. Tremper Longman (Breaking the Idols of Your Heart, Intimate Allies) and they answer these questions about the frustrations and disappointments of life and how the Gospel enables us to live well in a fallen world.
The following topics are covered in 3 episodes (approx 17 minutes each) and an included discussion guide:
- Are Christians supposed to be happy all of the time?
- Why is life so unsatisfying?
- What do I use to fill my heart? My time? My mind?
- What does the Gospel have to say when I am disappointed with life?
- How are we to live in a world filled with God’s goodness yet plagued by sin and disappointment?
Approx Running Time: 52 Minutes