It can be a struggle for parents and children to read the Bible regularly together – but help is at hand. Table Talk is designed to form the basis for a short family Bible time – maybe just five minutes at a mealtime. It includes a simple discussion starter or activity that leads into a short Bible reading, and can be used alongside the XTB series.
Issue One of Table Talk is called The Book of Beginnings. It contains three months of Bible readings based in the books of Genesis, Matthew and Acts. It will help you explore the beginning of the universe, the beginning of the early church and the beginning of Jesus' life and teaching on earth.
- The first 15 days look at Acts 1-4.
- Days 16-29 look at Genesis 1-9.
- Day 30 takes a little look at Hebrews 11:7, relevant to Genesis.
- Day 31 starts Matthew and continues to Day 50, ending in chapter 7.
- Day 51 picks up in Genesis again and covers chapters 12-22 over 14 days.
- A series of puzzles and questions at the very end of the book offer a chance to look into other parts of the Bible not covered here.
Recommended ages: 4-12