It can be a struggle for parents and children to read the Bible regularly together – but help is at hand. Table Talk is designed to form the basis for a short family Bible time – maybe just five minutes at a mealtime. It includes a simple discussion starter or activity that leads into a short Bible reading, and can be used alongside the XTB series.
Issue Two of Table Talk is called Miracles and Dreams. It contains three months of Bible readings based in the books of Genesis, Matthew and Acts. It will help you explore Jesus' miracles in Matthew's Gospel, meet Jacob the Schemer and Joseph the Dreamer in Genesis, and discover why Peter's dream changed everything for the first Christians.
- The first 17 days look through Acts 8-10
- Days 18-20 take a little look at some Psalms
- Day 21 gets us back into Genesis and by day 30 we've covered chapters 25-33!
- Days 31-45 look at some miraculous things in Matthew chapters 8 & 9
- Days 46-65 go back to Genesis to find out about Joseph in chapters 37-50.
- A series of puzzles and questions at the very end of the book offer a chance to look into other parts of the Bible not covered here.
Recommended ages: 4-12