It can be a struggle for parents and children to read the Bible regularly together – but help is at hand. Table Talk is designed to form the basis for a short family Bible time – maybe just five minutes at a mealtime. It includes a simple discussion starter or activity that leads into a short Bible reading, and can be used alongside the XTB series.
Issue Three of Table Talk is called Comings and Goings. It contains three months of Bible readings based in the books of Exodus, Matthew and Acts and the pages are undated. It will help you explore Jesus' miracles and teaching in Matthew's Gospel, escape from Egypt with the thrilling book of Exodus, and join Paul on a dangerous journey in the book of Acts.
- The first 15 days go through Acts 15-18
- Day 16 dives into Exodus and looks through chapters 1-4 over 9 days
- We then pick up in Matthew chapters 13-18 between days 26-45
- Day 46 brings us back to Exodus and we go through chapters 5-12 until day 61
- A quick flashback to Genesis on day 62, relevant to Exodus
- And then back again the next day to Exodus, until day 65, ending in ch 14
- A series of puzzles and questions at the very end of the book offer a chance to look into other parts of the Bible not covered here.
Recommended ages: 4-12